Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 7: Cast Away





"Cast Away is a 2000 drama film directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Tom Hanks as a FedEx employee stranded on an uninhabited island after his plane crashes in the South Pacific. The film depicts his attempts to survive on the island using remnants of his plane's cargo. Hanks was nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role at the 73rd Academy Awards for his critically acclaimed performance."


"This is one of my favorite movies of all time. There’s no one else I’d rather see stranded for two hours with three words of dialogue more than Tom Hanks. The movie is incredibly emotional, thought provoking, and even funny. It provides meaningful closure without going overboard.  I enjoyed it more the first time through, but was still incredibly solid several years later."

5/5 Thrusters



"Incredible."

5/5 Thrusters










"I really liked this one. The first time I ever saw this movie I cried when Wilson floated away. I thought it was good but thought that maybe Kelly could have waited for him."
4/5 thrusters








"I enjoyed this movie but its not really my kind of movie.  Why complicate things at the end having Kelly Frears be married with a child?  After watching Tom Hanks struggle to stay alive for two hours I think the viewer should have been rewarded with a happy ending , instead the viewer is given a sad Tom Hanks monologue about living breath to breath.  And it bothered me that he didn’t open the single package with a working satellite phone in it? I mean come on, but then I guess there wouldn’t be a movie.  Janeane Garaffalo made Tom Hanks look like a two bit amateur when she acted her ass off as Wilson, Tom’s only friend on the island."           3.2/5 thrusters




"I was highly anticipating this one, but it fell a few feet short of my expectations. I forgot how little depth the star of the movie actually had; the casting director clearly phoned it in when picking the role of Wilson. Despite that though, the movie depicted 2 great struggles – 1) Man versus Nature and 2) Tom Hank’s forehead versus Helen Hunt’s forehead."

3/5 thrusters, a snicker bars, and a CD player.


No comments:

Post a Comment