Thursday, November 15, 2012

Week 13: I Heart Huckabees




"Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin lead an all-star cast including Jude Law, Naomi Watts and Mark Walhberg in this outrageous comedy from director/co-writer David O. Russell (Three Kings). Kindhearted but confused activist Andrew Markovski hires a pair of screwball "existential detectives" (Hoffman and Tomlin) to help him find the meaning of life. All the while, a sexy, French author (Isabelle Huppert) is trying to throw a wrench in their plan by seducing andrew's mind and body."











"Nobody sits like the rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need. Now let’s do the ball thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

5 / 5 Thrusters and an interconnection that is real and amazing, but also nothing special.








"I'm having an existential crisis of my own, I can’t decide if I like Marky Mark or not.  This movie showcased two opposing theories. First that everything is connected and everything is the same.  Second that nothing matters and everything is cruel randomness.  I don’t know which philosophy I buy into but I’d probably purchase anything Lily Tomlin and Dustin Hoffman tried to sell me."

4.2/5 thrusters and a “she said ‘fuckabees’”







"Nothing is everything, everything is nothing, and the Dixie Chicks will make it all better. I heart Huckabees. Fuck petroleum. Mayo. The mathematics of infinity. WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED? Fuckabees."

4 / 5 thrusters
             



                                          


"Two existential detectives are in a race to destroy or confuse as many lives as they can before or after a rival detective doesn't or maybe. Marky Mark gets it. How am I not myself? How am I not myself? How am I not myself? How am I not myself? How am I not myself? This movie goes on and on – its infinitesimal nature intimidates me, going on and on like this review. Like this review. Like this review. Like this review. Like this review."

3/5 thrusters and a sitting as fuck rock






"After seeing this movie I can safely say that Mark Wahlberg is my favorite actor. I love his intensity and use of excessive profanity. The movie was a bit confusing but overall amusing."

2.75 thrusters and an overly aggressive Marky Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment